Here are the answers to some questions I get asked a lot. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please feel free to reach out.

This is a statement provided by the vendor (the seller) setting out to the purchaser (the buyer) the interests of persons and government entities not a party to the contract for sale and purchase of land. These disclosures allow the purchaser to
make an informed decision to buy.

No. Your conveyancer attends on your behalf and once settlement is completed you will be notified by receiving a phone call and/or email.
There are a few concessions dependent on the type of ownership and type of property conditions. It’s best to discuss your scenario for an informed decision to be made.
e-Conveyancing is Electronic Conveyancing. It is now mandatory to settle your property using an online system called PEXA. Enquire today for more information.

No, not at all. The sooner the better! Assistance can be provided to you straight away, whether its advice or conditions that may need to be put into the contract to protect your interest in the property.

A real estate agent will serve you with a Form 1 (cooling off rights) statement which discloses information about the property; you are required to pay your deposit 48 hours after receipt of the Form 1 statement.
This is a general statement setting out information for a purchaser to consider when buying property.
No, not unless it is written into the contract.
No. A conveyancer is always solely your choice. Choose wisely! Make sure the conveyancer you choose is a member of the Australian institute of conveyancer (AIC) and holds a current Conveyancing Licence to practice conveyancing in South Australia. By choosing someone who is a member of the AIC you are also protecting yourself; these conveyancers hold professional indemnity insurance cover of a minimum of $1, 500, 000. This in itself is peace of mind!
Ask your real estate agent to forward a copy of your contract of sale through and we will happily look over for you. As soon as you received it, we can start working together for you to achieve a smooth and successful settlement.
For a vendor (seller) you need to ensure that you have vacated and cleaned the premises by 11:00am. For a purchaser (buyer) you need to advise your removalist that access to the property will be from 11am- 5 pm. Earlier access may be granted, subject to banks requirements on the day.
Immediately after the contract is signed, the property is at risk from the date you sign! Your bank will also want to sight a copy of your insurance papers before providing final funding at settlement.
This is a formal process to identify you during the course of the settlement transaction. You will need to have your original Passport, Driver Licence, Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate available to show your conveyancer. This is a legal requirement for settlement to be completed.

Let’s chat about a solution that makes sense for you.

If you need any help transferring property or are after advice on doing so, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.